Monday, September 12, 2011

I Think I Figured This Out.

Unfortunately, we (and when I say 'we' I really mean 'I') may have to bag the tutorials. The reason being, I should have posted them BEFORE school began and reason number 2 (what I am getting really excited about) I've found a new interest. Don't worry, I still love photography, but I've realized that in all the years of taking pictures of this
 and this 
 and this 

I finally realized why I loathe weddings and other such events that I couldn't figure out why I found boring to shoot. It's because I didn't grow up shooting that. That's not my style. I developed a lot of my photography shooting my immediate surroundings which included my active family. I shot things like this.



Never did I ever think I'd enjoy this and never in a million years did I ever think I'd want this guy's job. However, it is surprisingly easy to see myself doing that; more so than a wedding (which if I might add is a market that has one too many photographers and MORE than enough fauxtogs). I've realized that I am more satisfied with pictures that are total chance rather than something posed.
My style is constantly changing, but for now we'll have to see what an independent study of sports photography does for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Emily,
    Even though "this guys job" is great,
    please change your style again before my wedding.
    I want to hire you....hmmmm.... ;)

    Shayshay

    ReplyDelete